In this section you will find lots of information about driving and owning an Electric Vehicle on Hawaii Island.
Hawaii EV Resources
- Drive Electric Hawaii – Drive Electric Hawaii’s website. It includes excellent information about electric vehicles. This is an excellent source of information for all things EV in Hawaii.
- Sustainable Transportation Coalition of Hawai’i (STCH) – This website includes a wealth of information related to sustainable transportation in Hawaii. There is a section dedicated ot Electric Vehicles.
- Hawaii EV Charging Stations – information of charging options and costs
- Hawaii EV Statistics – Latest information on the number of EVs, Charging Stations, EV dealers, etc…
- Hawaii EV Charging Station App
- Hawaii Electric Light Company – Residential EV Pilot Rates – Comparison information on the options that EV owners have for charging their cars.
- Hawaii Energy EV Information – A site with good information about owning an EV in Hawaii.
Hawaii Island EV Dealers
- Kona Nissan – for the Nissan LEAF. Located 76-6353 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua Kona. Tel: (888) 229-7145. Note: The Kama’aina Nissan dealer in Hilo provides service for the Nissan LEAF.
- Aloha Kia – for the Kia Soul EV. Located at 226 Kanoelehua Ave, Hilo. Tel: (808) 217-9819.
- BMW of Hawaii – for the BMW i3 and i8. Located at 74-5533 Loloku St, Kailua Kona. Tel: (808) 930-3400. Ask for Boris Huber-Bejerana.
- De Luz Chevrolet – for the Chevy Volt. Located at 175 Wiwoole St, Hilo. Tel: (844) 457-1068.
- Tesla Motors – Hawaii – for the Tesla Model S and Model X. The store and service center are located in Oahu (94-480 Akoki St #1, Waipahu, HI 96797). Tel: (808) 680-9260. Tesla provides ranger service to all islands. It also provides test drives regularly on certain islands, including the Big Island.