In this section you will find lots of information about driving and owning an Electric Vehicle on Hawaii Island.
Hawaii EV Resources
- Drive Electric Hawaii – Drive Electric Hawaii’s website. It includes excellent information about electric vehicles. This is an excellent source of information for all things EV in Hawaii.
- Sustainable Transportation Coalition of Hawai’i (STCH) – This website includes a wealth of information related to sustainable transportation in Hawaii. There is a section dedicated ot Electric Vehicles.
- Hawaii EV Charging Stations – information of charging options and costs
- Hawaii EV Statistics – Latest information on the number of EVs, Charging Stations, EV dealers, etc…
- Hawaii EV Charging Station App
- Hawaii Electric Light Company – Residential EV Pilot Rates – Comparison information on the options that EV owners have for charging their cars.
- Hawaii Energy EV Information – A site with good information about owning an EV in Hawaii.
Hawaii Island EV Dealers
- Kona Nissan – for the Nissan LEAF. Located 76-6353 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua Kona. Tel: (888) 229-7145. Note: The Kama’aina Nissan dealer in Hilo provides service for the Nissan LEAF.
- Aloha Kia – for the Kia Soul EV. Located at 226 Kanoelehua Ave, Hilo. Tel: (808) 217-9819.
- BMW of Hawaii – for the BMW i3 and i8. Located at 74-5533 Loloku St, Kailua Kona. Tel: (808) 930-3400. Ask for Boris Huber-Bejerana.
- De Luz Chevrolet – for the Chevy Volt. Located at 175 Wiwoole St, Hilo. Tel: (844) 457-1068.
- Tesla Motors – Hawaii – for the Tesla Model S, Model X, and Model 3. The stores and service centers are located in Oahu (Ala Moana Mall and International Marketplace). Service can be reached at (808) 680-9260 (owners can now schedule appointments online). Tesla provides ranger service to all islands. It also provides test drives regularly on certain islands, including the Big Island. If you’re looking for advice on purchase and information on ownership and service experiences on the Big Island, contact Noel Morin at email@example.com.